- September 06, 2018
- Taiho Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
"Efil" Virus Removal/Antibacterial Spray to Go on Sale
Nationwide on September 13, 2018
Proposing a New Healthy Habit:“Morning Sanitization Before Leaving the House,”Antiviral/Antibacterial Effect Lasting 24 Hours
Taiho Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. announced today that it will launch Efil 300 mL and portable size 50 mL, a virus removal/antibacterial spray that removes bacteria and viruses and keeps them at bay with a 24-hour germ-isolating barrier*, throughout Japan on Thursday, September 13, 2018.
*See Product Features 2 below.
Efil uses original technology to successfully combine its primary ingredient of ethanol with silver and zinc ions. The fast-acting effect of ethanol removes bacteria and viruses, then the long-lasting effect of silver ions maintains the antiviral/antibacterial effect for 24 hours. Just by spraying Efil before going out, bacteria and viruses can be kept at bay for 24 hours, such as on crowded trains and places where people gather.
Taiho Pharmaceutical developed this product out of a desire to alleviate the concern of bacterial and viral infection in people with a weakened immune system, such as those with cancer or diabetes, the elderly, persons requiring caregiving and their families, and persons with small children. The name "Efil," the word "life" in reverse, was given in the hope that the product can completely turn people’s lives around. By using Efil, people who have been suffering from viruses or bacteria can live a life free from anxiety.
Taiho Pharmaceutical is determined to keep contributing to people’s health and happiness by providing the Efil series.
- 300 mL type for daily use 50 mL type for carrying when going out
Details will be available soon at the Efil multilingual brand site.
- A new healthy habit before going out: “Morning sanitization before leaving the house”
Bacteria and viruses are not just in the house; they are brought into the house when they stick to clothes and shoes outside, such as on crowded trains and places where people gather. Just by spraying Efil before leaving the house, bacteria and viruses can be kept at bay outside.
- 24-hour germ-isolating barrier underpinning new habit
Efil uses original technology to combine ethanol with silver and zinc ions, giving it excellent fast-acting and long-lasting effects against bacteria and viruses, as well as a deodorant effect. The antibacterial/antiviral effect keeps bacteria and viruses at bay for 24 hours. This creates a germ-isolating condition.
- Safe to use on cloth and metal, and no unpleasant odor of chlorine.
As Efil contains no chloride components, it is safe to use on cloth products such as clothes and metal products such as doorknobs and handrails. It can be used with peace of mind, as a fresh aqua fragrance masks the ethanol smell and there is no irritating odor peculiar to chlorinated products.
- The product is not effective against all viruses and bacteria. Also, the sustained effect may differ depending on the usage and storage environments.
- Do not use on leather or kimono/kimono accessories. Test on an inconspicuous spot before applying on the following: weak fabrics such as wool, silk, rayon, acetate, and cupra, those sensitive to water or with instructions not to wash with water, and those with a waterproofing or water repellent effect. Otherwise, it could stain or damage the texture.
- Do not use on the following fabrics since it could cause staining or discoloration: white or light-colored textile products, leather, plain wood or paulownia wood, areas coated with water repellent wax, paint, or varnish, or plastics such as acrylic or styrene.
|Product category||Miscellaneous household goods|
|Volume||300 mL (about 300 pumps) and 50 mL (about 400 pumps)|
|Ingredients||Ethanol, purified water, isopropanol, glycerin, silver compound, sterilization component (organic), zinc compound, fragrance|
|Uses||Virus removal, bacteria removal, antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, and deodorization effects for cloth products (clothes, carpet, futons and other bedding, towels, strollers, etc.), face masks, indoors (floors and walls, switches, doorknobs, toilets, bed railings, etc.), PCs, smartphones, vomit, excrement, etc.|
|Directions for use||Virus removal, bacteria removal, antiviral, antibacterial effects
After removing the contamination, hold the bottle about 20 cm away and spray the surface until it is sufficiently wet. After spraying, wait a while before using. For fabric products, wait until they are adequately dry before using.
Directly spray several times on object to deodorize.
|Suggested retail price||300 mL: 1,500 yen (excluding tax), 50 mL: 800 yen (excluding tax)|
|Launch date||Nationwide on Thursday, September 13, 2018|
|Manufactured and distributed by||Taiho Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.|
Information in this news release was current as of the original release date.